Pages

Thursday 13 May 2010

Lady Bird Invasion! The Wirral, 1976.



This is just a small portion of the ladybird outbreak you can see the proportion of ladybirds to the amount of tarmac on the street!
I was heavily pregnant and I had a fondness for green in my clothing back then. Because of this the ladybirds must have thought I was a plant and during this invasion I was covered in them! That is not something you'd forget about easily!
My story is going to be set in the summer heatwave of 1976 which I remember very well. The Lady Bird Invasion or the Lady Bird plague is going to be a part of the story.


3 comments:

  1. I love the photos of the ladybirds really bring the story to life oh well i hope not

    ReplyDelete
  2. well hello cannot believe where the time has gone those ladybirds were something else

    ReplyDelete
  3. hito all if you go on my sight do not fret i am getting better ha ha jenson where are you

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.